1. To start project with Business Model, also attach the document to it whenever Buniness model gets changed
2. Talend workspace path should not contain any spaces.
3. Have a document for important components
4. Maintain the job version and document , do not forget record it in document, when changes happen
5. Create Repository Metadata for DB connections and retrieve database table schema for DB tables.
6.Use Repository Schema for Files/DB and DB connections.
7.Create Database connection using t<Vendor>Connection component and use this connection in the Job. Do not make new connection with every component
8. Create a Repository Document corresponding to every Talend job including revision history.
9.Provide Sub Job title for every sub job to describe the sub job purpose/objective.
10.Avoid Hard Coding in Talend Job component. Instead use Talend context variables
11.Create Context Groups in Repository
12.Use Talend.properties file to provide the values to context variables using tContextLoad
13. Create Variables in tMap and use the variables to assign the values to target fields.
14.Create user routines/functions for common transformation and validation
15.Always rename Main Flows in Talend Job to meaningful names